Monday, May 21, 2012

Of Course I Try by Seleste deLaney

Of Course I Try

OF COURSE I TRY BY SELESTE DELANEY

Word Count: 5,000
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Heat Level: Smoky
Publisher: Decadent Publishing



Love is a wonderful thing. Unless you don't get a choice in the matters of your own heart.

Jocelyn has loved Max since the day she met him. Even when he scares her enough to leave, she can't resist going back. No matter how many times she tries to break free from him, she ends up in his arms and bed again. Not this time. Jocelyn needs to be free and Max isn't going to stop her from walking away - no matter how hard he tries.

***

This is a very short read and the first time I have read this author. Well, it won't be the last! Despite not being a huge fan of first person point of view stories, this drew me in from the first page. Ms. DeLaney has a beautifully descriptive writing style that draws the reader in and will not let you go. I really felt Jocelyn's confusion and her struggle to free herself of Max's drugging influence. Max was all that is yummy in a hero, and I did wonder why Jocelyn felt the need to leave, but it all becomes clear. I gasped at the end and was thoroughly disappointed when it was finished.

If I have one complaint, it's that it simply wasn't long enough!

A solid A from me :-)

A






No comments:

Post a Comment