Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Zakia and the Cowboy by Lorraine Nelson


ZAKIA AND THE COWBOY BY LORRAINE NELSON

Word Count: 60,770
Heat Level: Flirty
Genre: Western Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Evernight Publishing



Thunder Creek Ranch Series Book 1

With a stalker following her every move Zakia has no choice but to flee the city. With her options limited she runs to the only place she's ever felt safe...the Thunder Creek Ranch and her ex-husband, Lucas.

Will he protect Zakia from the stalker? And if he does will either of them be able to ignore the feelings that have simmered for so long, ready to explode... before danger either draws them together or pulls them apart.

***

Ah from the first line I was hooked. Ms Nelson writes in a brilliant style, and I just sat and read this in one sitting, oblivious to what I should have been doing.

I find writing a review hard, because I don't want to give any of the story away!

But, I love Zakia, and her attitude and how she copes.

She's being stalked, and goes to her ex-husband for help. That's all of the plot I'm sharing, but, I will say, the sex is hot!

What is great is yes, hot sex, yes tingly hot sex, but it's not all the book is about. This book has a story. It kept me on tenterhooks, even when you know who the stalker is, well you don't know who he is, and it's great.

So you might say, why no A?

Because I would have liked more of the stalkers reasons. Yeah we find out why, and they are oh so plausible, but the little insights into his mind weren't enough for me.

I will definitely be reading more of Ms. Nelson's work.

B+


1 comment: