Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sinful Urges by Sonia Hightower

Sinful Urges by Sonia Hightower

SINFUL URGES BY SONIA HIGHTOWER

Word Count: 11,537
Heat Rating: Steamy
Genre: Tragedy - Erotic
Publisher: Breathless Press




Follow the confessions of Juan and Maria as they fall prey to lust at first sight. Can they stop themselves before it's too late, or will they become victims of their own sinful urges?

A new neighbor sends Juan running to confession to rid himself of the lustful thoughts he experiences. Each confession becomes more erotic, more sinful than the last. Can Juan stop himself, or will he give in to the desire that threatens his very faith?

The man across the street causes Maria to question her own morals. When she seeks out a priest for confession, she weaves a tale of exotic kisses and stolen moments. How can Maria find sanctuary in her prayers when her body demands she finds solace in her neighbor's arms?


***

The blub of this was enough to make me know I had to read the story. And the story more than lived up to the blurb.

I found myself totally gripped by every word, wondering what was going to happen next, wanting to rush through it to see what did happen, but not wanting to miss anything.

I actually read it three times, that's how engrossing it is. And the ending? Let's just say I never expected that.

It's rare I get so engrossed in a story that I don't look for errors, but with this? I have no idea if there was repetition, hesitation or deviation. I was hooked.

To be honest, is enjoyment the right word to describe what I got from Sinful Urges?

I don't think it is, reading this you will get so much more, and even find yourself questioning the very tenets of some important fundamentals of some people's lives.

A great short read. I read it in one sitting…walked around assimilating what I read, and read it again.

Definitely if you like something that's a little bit different and don't mind being shocked in an unexpected way, this is for you.

A-


No comments:

Post a Comment